An Illustration of Challenges in Respiratory Drug Development
This webinar will examine past design issues, current techniques to raise standards and new technology which will aid future understanding.
Key Discussion Points:
- Look at the importance of understanding clinical study design and the impact it has on specific patient populations.
- Show examples of how study design has generated unexpected outcomes in relation to treatment response for FEV1 and exacerbations.
- Discuss how critical Spirometry endpoints are important to many existing respiratory studies.
- Review the limitations around existing lung function endpoints of FEV1 and FVC .
- Highlight some of the factors which can be improved by active management to increase the power of studies and to improve the understanding of which patients are responsive to therapy.